Background

Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Hot & Humid = Hot & Swollen

OK, for everyone that has lymphedema in a humid climate, I feel your pain and discomfort. I'm in NY and the weather, although nice, has been somewhat humid. Trying to keep my garments on all day is a challenge. Not only do I get super hot with them on, my legs get so swollen and feel so constricted as well. This is only the beginning. It's not even summer yet.

I try to wear skirts in the warm weather because wearing jeans over my garments is a nightmare when it's humid. At least with a skirt I get some kind of relief (even if it's not a lot). I like to wear long skirts because I'm tired of the granny colored garments and explaining to people why I'm wearing "winter stockings" in the summer. Last year I found a summer strapless dress in Target that I wear as a skirt. It works well. This year I found a similar skirt (an actual skirt this time) in a different color at Kohl's. It's hard to find long summer skirts though. I think I need to start making my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment