Background

Saturday, April 23, 2011

I'm Mummified

Ok, so I gave in and wrapped my legs today. After a week of horrible pain and calling out of work, even today I was supposed to work and called out, so I wrapped.
I hate wrapping. Not presents, 'cause that's always fun, but I hate to wrap my legs. I actually don't ever do it. Haven't had my legs wrapped since my treatment 3 years ago. First time I wrapped by myself and I started with my left leg 'cause it hurts the most. Got all the way up to my groin…'cause unfortunately I swell from my toes to my hips, and guess what? I had to take the bandages off and start all over again. I wrapped too tight and couldn't feel my toes. I guess practice makes perfect. Hopefully I don't need to practice this too many times though. It's annoying.
I'm Mummified
So now I am all wrapped and no where to go. I actually can't go anywhere like this. I had orthopedic shoes when I was going through treatment so I could go to work wrapped up, but I threw them out. They were so ugly and I was hoping never to have to do this again. Now looking back, I should've kept them. Even if I wasn't ever going to need them again, at least I would have them just in case. Oh well. Lesson learned.

I'm supposed to wrap my toes individually, but I don't have any gauze. I guess I'll buy some the next time I'm at the store. While looking up Lymphedema on Google videos, I came across a video of a woman wrapping her legs. She uses foam for padding which I thought was weird. Does anybody else do that? Here's the video if anyone is curious on how to wrap for lymphedema (again, I don't use foam):

1 comment:

  1. I wear toecaps that fit over each toe though it's a combo made by Medi and fits over my foot with my toes individually "wrapped." It's compression, not wrapping like Peggy shows in the video. I met Peggy online. She's a friend on fb.

    ReplyDelete